A new diet, just in time for the holidays
November 5, 2005
I started a new diet on Halloween. Halloween!! All that missed candy!! In sharp contrast to Laura’s advice at Starling Fitness, I am doing a diet which restricts my food choices. It’s an experiment. I’m trying it until Thanksgiving Day, at which time I will eat everything that I want to, which will probably not be as much as I anticipate. The Rosedale Diet is supposed to turn me into a fat burning machine and make all my inside systems much more youthful. I’ll let you know. Tonight I made a “pizza” which would have been much better if the recipe hadn’t referred to it as a “pizza.” I weighed myself for the first time today, on a neighbors scale, so that will have to be my benchmark.
My experience: So far my biggest fear of being hungry has been realized, all because of lack of planning. I also feel a little weird. I don’t know how to describe it, I don’t have the icky low blood sugar feeling, but I do feel carb-deprived.
- A Diet Blog weighs in about the Rosedale Diet.
- L. Robinson’s personal experience with the diet over at free dieting.
- A Blogger is documenting her experience on her blog (named Rosedale.) She started in September.
- Jonni Good blogs about trying out the Rosedale.
- A Rosedale Diet yahoo group that you don’t have to join to read.
- A Mixed review over at Everydiet.
- A list of the allowed foods by NC… from a discussion at low carb friends.
- A Threaded discussion about the RD also from low carb friends.
- Dr. Mercola gives Dr. Rosedale props. (Dr. Mercola loves Dr. Rosedale, Dr. Mercola loves Dr. Rosedale…)
Wish me luck!